Beeswax is the only fuel to emit (Negative Ions) when burning. Dust, hair, odors and other pollutants floating in the air, they are doing so because the particles are positively charged. Allergens and toxins become positively charged through static electricity created by heating systems and friction caused by normal activity (such as when you walk across the carpet). Pure beeswax candles help rid your home of toxins by emitting negatively, charged ions, as well as, burning away positively charged particles that float toward the burning halo flame. This process cleans the air of positive ions such as dust, odors, toxins, pollen, mold, dust mites feces, and viruses. This is beneficial for people who have allergies and environmental sensitivities. We only use 100% beeswax in the Candles.